Cider harvest begins in mid-September and, depending on the size of the crop, is usually completed by early December.
Other great sites
Want to find out a little more? These are the sites to check out:
- Beer Genie – facts, trivia and a light hearted look at the sociable side of beer
- Beer Culture - with Des de Moor – fine mix of heritage, culture – and good beer
- CAMRA – Campaign for Real Ale – the route to good beer
- Decanter – with global coverage and fab daily bulletins, great way to keep in touch
- English Sparkling Wine – from Him who Knows, Mr English wine himself, Stephen Skelton MW
- English Wine Producers – the home of English, Welsh – and Scottish wine
- Food Lovers Britain – a treasure trove of artisanal food and drink producers, plus events, farmers markets and recipes, from food pioneer Henrietta Green
- iamcider – the beautiful, cider-packed blog from Bill Bradshaw, co-author of The World's Best Cider
- Imbibe – inside track for those in the restaurant, bar & pub business
- Jamie Goode – catch up with one of Britain’s most popular wine writers
- Jancis Robinson – fascinating, authoritative & global – what’s not to like?
- Jeff Evans – clear, informative insight from a real pro
- Matching Food & Wine – Fiona Beckett’s fun and accessible site covers not just wine, but beer, cider, whisky – you name it she’s matched it
- Melissa Cole – dynamic, well connected – frankly hilarious at times
- National Association of Cider Makers – cider & perry, large & small – they’re all here
- Pete Brown – entertaining & informative – ’nuff said. Oh yes, & top of Wikio blog rankings
- Real Cider – With info on producers, cider houses, tours and the drink itself, this is both fun and informative
- Rob Lawson – the photographer with the magic ability to coax great shots from any situation
- Scotland & Whisky – great guide to planning a whisky odyssey
- Society of Independent Brewers – a gathering of over 450 free-thinking, independent UK breweries
- Sparkling English Wine – the way to select and buy from the best sparkling wines on offer on these shores. Great blog too.
- Square Meal – indispensable guide on where to drink & eat in the UK
- UKVine - professional news on English wine, from vineyard to bottle, store & eventually your glass
- West London Wine School – enterprising place to learn more; check out Jimmy's video-blog of recent English – & Welsh – wine forays
- The Whisky Wire – a new way of looking at whisky
If you feel you have something to offer DrinkBritain.com readers and would like to discuss a link swap, please get in touch.