- Café and/or Restaurant
- Child Friendly
- Public Transport within 5 miles
- Harvest Days
- Eco Initiatives
May to mid-October
Check website for dates. Please reserve in advance
Pebblebed Tasting Cellar
Get in Touch
Tel: 07814 788348
Facebook: Pebblebed Vineyards and Wine Cellar
Perhaps best known for surviving the heat of the BBC's Dragon's Den, Geoff Bowen has never been afraid to put his head above the parapet. A former environmental hydrogeologist, rather than end up in hock to the bank, in the early 2000s he persuaded 20 other families to get involved with Pebblebed Vineyards. Then, inspired by visits to Chablis and St Emilion, he decided to place his Wine Cellar in the heart of the little village of Topsham rather than next to his vineyards.
Prior to his new Pebblebed Partnership Venture with dragon Duncan Bannatyne and newly-recruited investors, 22 acres of vines are planted in three spots. Geoff has always focused on rosé. "I like pink myself," he explains. "And you've got to focus on what you can do well."
The wine is made at nearby award-winning Yearlstone winery by Juliet White.
Tours run from May to mid-October, starting in the vineyard and finishing with a tutored tasting in the Wine Cellar.
A family affair, this takes place during mornings in October, with all volunteers welcome.
- Pebblebed Rosé & White 2009 – Bronze, 2010 English & Welsh Wine Awards
- Pebblebed Rosé 2009 – Silver, ahead of Loire rosé and whites, in a region vs retion contest in 2010 Devon Wine Week
- Grapes grown organically
- Buyers encouraged to return bottles for re-use – following stringent cleaning
- Carbon cost assessment – working with Richard Leed at Exeter Univeristy to assess and reduce the carbon footprint of Pebblebed wine
- Biodynamics – running a trial with Edward Templeman, Plumpton College
Geoff Bowen is a trustee of the Devon Wildlife Trust and a director of the Devon Environmental Business Initiative
Pebblebed run a variety of schemes, from adopt-a-vine to full partner status