Meopham Valley Vineyard
- Public Transport within 5 miles
- Harvest Days
- Eco Initiatives
Individuals & Groups
Tours runs from Easter Monday until mid-September.
Booking is essential and days vary, so please check website.
Talks are also given to outside associations, such as wine clubs.
Stocks Meopham Valley wines; happy to personalise labels – anyone getting married?!
Train: Meopham, 1 mile
Bus: from Sevenoaks or Gravesend
Fri-Sat: 11am till dusk
The shop is generally open, unless vineyard duties or markets beckon. Best to phone beforehand to check
Children, up to 11: free
Get in Touch
Tel: 01474 812727
Two decades on, Meopham Valley Vineyard – set up by David and Pauline Grey with the help of English wine authority Gillian Pearkes – continues to do well, particularly with its sparkling wines.
This two-hectare vineyard produces both still and sparkling of all hues. Although there is no winery on site, hundreds of visitors are welcomed each year for tours and tasting. Meopham Valley is also happy to produce a bespoke cuvée appropriately labelled for special occasions like weddings.
- Meopham Dry White 2009 – Silver, 2010 UKVA
- Sparkling Rosé 2005 – Bronze, 2009 Decanter World Wine Awards & Top 5 for Food, Imbibe magazine 2010
- Sparkling Brut 2004 – Bronze, 2010 Decanter World Wine Awards
- Whitstable Oyster Festival – July
- Real Food Festival, Earls Court – May
- Leadenhall Market, St George's Week – April
- English Wine Week, May – see website for activities
- No fungicides or herbicides are used, aside from Sulphur - permitted under organic regulations
- 95% of vineyard tasks are done by hand
Meopham Valley supports RSPB, ASBAH, Sport Relief, Comic Relief
SE and UK Vineyard Association, Produced in Kent