Frome Valley Vineyard
- Café and/or Restaurant
- Wheelchair Access
- Child Friendly
- Dog Friendly
- Eco Initiatives
Individuals & Groups
Groups under 10 are welcome at any time the vineyard is open. Groups over 10 by arrangement.
Pre-booking not essential
Guided group tours normally take 1.5-2 hours and include a walk around the model vineyard showing the different kinds of trellising systems, a tour of the main vineyard, a taste of the current wines available, plus tea/coffee & cakes. Or a light lunch can be provided on request.
Train: Ledbury & Malvern, 10 miles
Stocks Frome Valley wines and British cassis
Frome Valley Vineyard hosts school visits
Fees depend on sort of tour decided upon and what, if any, food is included.
Winery and vineyards with a good pusher – it is over grass!
Get in Touch
Tel: 01885 490768
Frome Valley Vineyard is to be found at Paunton Court and is set on a gentle south-facing slope.
To quote owner Jeanie Falconer:
"Our four-acre vineyard is located among Herefordshire’s hopyards and cider orchards. You are warmly welcome to tour the vineyard, see the different trellising systems we have, and taste our delicious wines in the winery."
Still white and rosé wines are produced, from dry to medium-sweet.
- Vines are mulched with wood chips to avoid spraying weed killer
- Different soil management methods are being trialled to avoid using fungicide sprays
- Heating on the property is done by a biomass boiler
- Paunton Sparkling 2005 – Bronze, 2009 Mercian Vineyards Awards
- Paunton Rosé 2006 – Silver, UK Vineyards Association
- Ludlow Food Festival – 2nd weekend, September
- Abergavenney Food Festival – 3rd weekend, September
Frome Valley Vineyard supports the West Midlands Air Ambulance and St Michael's Hospice
UK, SW and Mercia Vineyard Associations, HEFF, Visit Herefordshire